The Miniature Bull Terrier Club - Code of Ethics
All members of the Miniature Bull Terrier Club undertake to abide by its Code of Ethics
1) Will properly house, feed, water, exercise all dogs under their care and arrange for appropriate veterinary attention if and when required.
2) Will agree without reservation that any veterinary surgeon performing an operation on any of their dogs that alters the natural conformation of the animal, report such operation to the Kennel Club.
3) Will agree that no healthy puppy be culled. Puppies which may not conform to the breed standard should be placed in suitable homes.
4) Will abide by all aspects of the Animal Welfare Act.
5) Will not create demand for, nor supply puppies that have been docked illegally.
6) Will agree not to breed from a dog or bitch that could in any way be harmful to the dog or to the breed.
7) Will not allow any of their dogs to roam at large or to cause a nuisance to neighbours or those carrying out official duties.
8) Will ensure that their dogs wear properly tagged collars and be kept leashed or under effective control when away from home.
9) Will clean up after their dogs in public places or anywhere their dogs are being exhibited.
10) Will only sell dogs where there is reasonable expectation of a happy and healthy life and will help with re-homing of a dog if the initial circumstances change.
11) Will supply written details of all dietary requirements and give guidance concerning responsible ownership when placing dogs in new homes.
12) Will ensure that all relevant Kennel Club documents be provided to the new owner when selling or transferring a dog, or will agree, in writing, to forward any relevant documents at the earliest opportunity, if not immediately available.
13) Will not sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers, retail pet dealers or directly or indirectly allow dogs to be given as a prize or donation in a competition of any kind. Will not sell or auction Kennel Club registration certificates as stand alone items(not accompanying a dog).
14) Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed nor mislead any person regarding the health or quality of a dog.
15) Will DNA test all dogs/bitches for PLL unless clear by parentage as stated on Kennel Club documentation.
16) Will use available health screening tests prior to breeding for ; Heart Conditions (minimum auscultation), by a veterinary cardiologist, Kidney Disease(UPC test) and Hearing(BAER test) with consideration given to screening for Polycystic Kidney Disease(by ultrasound) and Patella Luxation
(by veterinary manipulation).
17) Breach of these provisions may result in expulsion from the club membership, and/or disciplinary action by the Kennel Club and/or reporting to the relevant authorities for legal action, as appropriate.